DISCONTINUED PRODUCT: A few demo Units Available
Excerpts from a review of our Mystique v2.0 DAC by Anthony Kershaw:
"Although the micro dynamics are spellbindingly effective, the macro type get a workout. The thunderous bass line….was indeed thunderous, but like the best digital, it was separated from the din above. Clinical but tactile. The highs from the stratus and the mids also maintained the definition but also the timbrel beauty."
We are proud to be awarded Audiophilia’s Star Component status!
Go to "Audiophilia" to read the full review.
Excerpts from a review of our Mystique v2.0 DAC by Mark Pearson:
"What I can tell you is that the Mojo gear brings a level of sound quality to PCM that I simply didn't know existed...and there is no doubt they extracted the best sound from PCM that I have ever heard in my system."
Go to "Positive Feedback Online" to read the full review.
Upgraded version of our award-winning Mystique v2.
Our new Mystique v2 Plus digital to analog converter takes digital music to a new level of refinement and realism. Keeping our ultra-purist nonoversampling direct-coupled R-2R topology, we've upgraded it with a discrete I/V conversion and output stage using the same custom Sparkos discrete op amps we developed for our next gen Mystique v3 DAC.
The result is the most natural time, tune, and timbre possible from a digital source. Effortless micro-dynamics and incredible micro-detail preserve the tones, textures, and spatial cues that bring you closer to the original musical performance.
Error prevention vs. error correction.
A true R-2R ladder DAC built around Analog Devices' famous AD-1865N-K R-2R DAC chip. To eliminate bit read errors, our power supply incorporates over 237,000uf of capacitive filters and nine Belleson ultralow-noise high-dynamic regulators that independently isolate each stage. The analog output stage is direct-coupled to provide the most linear and extended frequency response possible by eliminating output coupling capacitors and transformers that narrow bandwidth and cause phase and time distortion.
Because algorithms can't appreciate music.
With no pre- or post-digital filtering, digital noise shaping, upsampling, oversampling, or error-correcting algorithms, our digital signal path is the purest possible. This is not true of many so-called non-oversampling designs that still incorporate algorithms for noise shaping and error correction.
Unparalleled harmonic coherence.
Unlike most non-oversampling designs that use a single logic gate for demultiplexing the left and right channel signals, our circuit assures 100% phase and time coherency between channels by using a bank of six logic gates to perfectly align the bits of the left and right digital words to the same clock cycle. And to optimize linearity, the left and right channels both have an independent circuit that adjusts the voltage of the most significant bit (MSB) at the zero voltage crossing.
Optimized 24-bit 192KHz digital Input.
To minimize input signal degradation, we use a single-source digital input module with three dedicated ultralow-noise Belleson regulators and over 3,000uf of capacitance. Each stage is independently powered and all stages are completely isolated from USB buss power. Choose from either our USB or S/PDIF coaxial digital input module, both with 24-bit 192KHz decoding.
- Custom discrete ultrahigh-performance Sparkos discrete op amps for I/V conversion and anti-aliasing.
- Converts 24-bit 192KHz high-resolution music files that are input via USB or S/PDIF formats.
- Direct-coupled analog stage with no capacitors or transformers between the DAC chip and output.
- Left and right channel digital word synchronization to ensure perfect phase and time coherency.
- Independent circuits to adjust the MSB for the left and right channels at the zero voltage crossing.
- Built around Analog Devices' legendary AD1865N-K non-oversampling R-2R ladder DAC chip.
- Vishay TX2352 1% tolerance "nude" metal foil resistors and tin foil polystyrene film capacitors.
- Over 237,000uf of high-performance capacitors and nine Belleson ultralow-noise regulators.
- Balanced noise-canceling Triad FP24-500 power transformer and ultra-fast soft recovery diodes.
- Laboratory grade filtered IEC with multistage AC filtering that is extremely tolerant of line noise.
- High-performance circuit board mounted Furutech FT-903(R) RCA connectors are standard.
- Field convertible to any international voltage from 100VAC to 250VAC both 50Hz and 60Hz.
- Stillpoints Ultra Mini anti-resonance feet with optional 3-foot or 4-foot base come standard.