Isolate components and change voltages.
Our Internal Regulator Modules allow sensitive components, such as audiophile USB devices, 4K video cards, Femto clocks, and all types of drives to be independently powered and isolated from the rest of the components in a chassis. Ideal for both analog and digital circuitry. Based on the SPRU regulation used in our award-winning Illuminati power supplies. Can be used with any brand or type of DC power supply.
Three Internal Regulator Module options:
We offer a plug-and-play version that requires no special tools or technical skills to install. This model has standard male and female 4-pin Molex PATA connectors that can be adapted from any standard ATX power supply or ATX power converter board to run SATA or PATA SSD, HDD, and optical drives, as well as any card or component that runs on +5VDC, such as audiophile USB cards.
Simply plug in a standard 12V - G - G - 5V PATA connector into the input and it will be regulated to an ultralow-noise 5V at the output. The 12V used for motors on HDD and optical drives is cleaned up with cascaded capacitors and passed through to the output.
We also offer two hardwired versions that require soldering and some level of technical expertise to install. Our standard version can be fed with any 12V-19V DC input and has a selectable output of 9V - 7V - 5V. We also offer custom versions that can be configured to any fixed or 3-voltage selectable output voltage. Note a minimum of 3V higher input than output voltage is required.
Internal Regulator Module features:
- Less noise than a LiO4 battery.
- Rated for up to 10A of continuous power (proper heat sink required).
- Ultrafast-recovery with less than 10uS settling time from zero to full output.
- Ultralow-noise with less than 50uV of peak-to-peak noise/ripple up into the GHz range.
- Mounting plate is pre-drilled to mount on several popular Streacom and HD Plex heat sinks.
- Cascaded spread spectrum capacitive filtering for expanded bandwidth.
- Optional secondary 3-voltage selectable output.