Excerpts from a review of our Mystique v3 DAC by Anthony Kershaw:
"...the Mystique [v3] handled every thing I threw at it easily, but it was the layering and deep, deep bass...that was so compelling."
"Voices of all sorts, ranges and styles sounded beautifully natural and lifelike."
"I urge anybody in the market for a 5K DAC...I don’t think you’ll have to look further. And I would encourage the rich kids wanting to spend 10K and up...Your dollars’ll thank you for it."
"Very highly recommended. "
We are proud to be awarded "Star Component" by Audiophilia
Awarded "Best Sound" (cost is no object) at AXPONA'17 by The Absolute Sound
Awarded "Best Innersound at the Show" at AXPONA'17 by Part-Time Audiophile
Time, tune, tone, and timbre.Our Mystique v3 digital-to-analog converter is a no-compromise design incorporating ultra-purist non-oversampling direct-coupled R-2R topology.
With no pre- or post-digital filtering, digital noise shaping, upsampling, oversampling, or error-correcting algorithms, our digital signal path is the purest possible.
The result is the most natural time, tune, and timbre possible from a digital source. Effortless micro-dynamics and incredible micro-detail preserve the tones, textures, and spatial cues that bring you closer to the original musical performance.
Error prevention vs. error correction.
Five independent choke input power supplies isolate each stage and eliminate bit read errors. Each power supply incorporates Mundorf M-Lytic AG+ 4-pole capacitors which in turn feed Belleson ultralow-noise regulators each with a 1,000uf Sanyo organic polymer capacitor to isolate each type of IC chip or clock.
The analog output stage is direct-coupled to provide the most linear and extended frequency response possible by eliminating output coupling capacitors and transformers that narrow bandwidth and cause phase and time distortion. For ultimate transparency the direct-coupled output stage incorporates Sparkos discrete op amps and Vishay's best TX2575 "Nude" resistors laser matched to 0.1% tolerance.
Our hardware-based demultiplexing circuit assures 100% phase and time coherency between channels by using a bank of logic gates to perfectly align the bits of the left and right digital words to the same clock cycle. To optimize linearity left and right channels have an independent circuit that adjusts the voltage of the most significant bit (MSB) at the zero voltage crossing.
For isolation from grounding noise an advanced hybrid star/plane grounding schema is used to isolate input, digital, and analog grounding planes. We even incorporated a DC ground lift and chassis grounding post to allow system grounding to be optimized.
We've developed a unique low-resonance 2-piece polymerized aluminum composite chassis. Our new chassis design incorporates a rigid C channel base, Stillpoints standoffs to isolate the signal board from mechanical vibration, and an EMI/RFI shielding ferrous barrier dividing the power supply from the signal section.
Three 24-bit 192KHz PCM digital Inputs.
Our Mystique v3 DAC converts PCM format files up to 24-bit 192KHz via Femto clocked USB, coaxial S/PDIF, or TosLink optical formats.
The fifth of our independent power supplies100% galvanically isolates the USB from all other power supplies in the DAC - not even a ground plane is shared. This eliminates the need for any external USB reclocking or regeneration devices.
To minimize input signal degradation, our digital input stage uses five dedicated ultralow-noise Belleson regulators and over 5,000uf of organic polymer capacitance. Each stage is independently powered and all stages are completely isolated from USB buss power.
- Built around Analog Devices' legendary monolithic AD1862 R-2R ladder DAC chips.
- Converts PCM format files up to 24-bit 192KHz via USB, coaxial S/PDIF, or TosLink.
- Vishay TX2575 "nude" resistors matched to 0.1% tolerance throughout analog signal path.
- Direct-coupled ultrahigh-performance Sparkos discrete op amps in the output stage.
- No output transformers or coupling capacitors to narrow bandwidth or distort phase.
- Hardware-based demultiplexing to ensure perfect phase and time coherency.
- Independent circuits adjust MSB for left and right channels at the zero voltage crossing.
- Five independent choke input power supplies with Mundorf M-Lytic AG+ 4-pole capacitors.
- Twelve Belleson ultralow-noise regulators isolate every type of IC chip and clock.
- Laboratory grade filtered IEC input combined with multistage cascaded AC filtering.
- High-performance Furutech connectors and cotton covered UniCrystal silver hookup wire.
- Anti-resonant polymerized aluminum composite chassis with ferrous internal shielding.
- Stillpoints anti-resonant standoffs under signal board and Sorbothane feet under chassis.
- Field convertible from 110VAC to 250VAC both 50Hz and 60Hz. (100VAC is Special order).
- Solid brass ground post and DC ground lift for optimized system grounding.
- 17.5"W x 3.25"H x 12"D and 23 pounds.