Maximum performance from a mini server.Intel's Next Unit Computing (NUC) line of mini computers offers a powerful integrated solution that rivals the Mac Mini. Our custom NUC server is built around Intel's highest-performance i5 dual-core NUC board, installed in a fanless extruded aluminum chassis, and powered by an ultralow-noise linear power supply. Your choice of minimized Linux or optimized Windows running JRiver Media Center. This little gem has to be experienced to be believed.
Mac Mini vs. Intel NUC.Built around the D54250WYB NUC board, our custom NUC has the same i5 processor and HD 5000 video processor as the entry-level Mac Mini. Both our NUC and Mac Mini can have up to 16GB of RAM and both have space for one mSATA and one 2.5 inch storage drive. The combination of our NUC's lower current consumption and fanless extruded aluminum chassis lowers the noise floor significantly resulting in higher performance than can be achieved with any Mac Mini. The only disadvantages of the NUC are that it can not run OS X and it doesn't have a Thunderbolt port. That's not much of a sacrifice when you consider our NUC delivers higher performance than a Mac Mini at a lower price.
Incredibly efficient.The Intel NUC is incredibly efficient, consuming fewer than 15w of power. By comparison, the Mac Mini consumes 85w. This solution is ideal for unobtrusive systems or when space is limited. There's even a VESA bracket that allows you to mount the NUC on the back of a monitor.
Upgradable storage drives.The chassis has space for one mSATA SSD and/or one 2.5 inch SSD internal storage drive(s). This would allow up to 3TB of internal SSD storage. There are two front and two rear USB 3.0 ports for convenient integration with external storage drives, flash drives, and CD/DVD/Blu-ray optical drives. For optimal integration with high-performance NAS drive arrays, our NUC has a high-speed Gigabit Ethernet controller.
Features and options:
- Intel NUC D54250WYB main board.
- Fanless extruded aluminum Streacom chassis.
- Four USB 3.0, mini HDMI, 4K video, and Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- 8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM upgradeable to 16GB.
- 120GB mSATA SSD upgradeable to 3TB SSD storage.
- Optional mini PCIe wireless card and antennas.
- Ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic Illuminati v2 power supply.
- Fully shielded, cryo-treated, high-performance DC power cable.
- Minimized Linux or optimized Windows operating system.
- Optional anti-resonance base or VESA mounting.
- 6"W x 4.5"D x 2.3"H
Illuminati v2 power supply features and specifications:
- Less noise than a LiO4 battery.
- Up to 3 amps continuous power with up to 5 amp peaks.
- Ultrafast-recovery with less than 10uS settling time from zero to full output.
- Ultralow-noise with less than 50uV of peak-to-peak noise/ripple up into the GHz range.
- Hot parts are heat sunk to the exterior allowing heat to dissipate through the entire chassis.
- Choke input and sophisticated AC filtering - no AC power conditioners are required.
- Cascaded spread spectrum capacitive filtering for expanded bandwidth.
- Solid brass ground post and DC ground lift for optimized grounding.
- Optional secondary 3-voltage selectable output.
- 6.75" W x 3.25" H x 10.25" D and 12 pounds weight.
We use only the highest-quality parts:
- SPRU ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic regulator.
- High-current input choke reduces crest factor, heat, and stress.
- Organic polymer capacitors with ESR as low as 7mOhms.
- High-frequency MLCC capacitors to filter beyond 3GHz.
- Laboratory grade filtered and switched AC power inlet.
- Neutrik silver-plated high-current XLR DC power outlets.
- Low-resonance polymerized aluminum composite chassis.
- All non-magnetic stainless steel PEMs, screws, and hardware.
- Sorbothane or Stillpoints Ultra Mini anti-resonant feet.
For more information and specifications on our Illuminati v2 power supply please visit their product pages.