DEMO Mystique v2X DAC with USB Input
Excerpts from a review by Anthony Kershaw:
"Although the micro dynamics are spellbindingly effective, the macro type get a workout. The thunderous bass line….was indeed thunderous, but like the best digital, it was separated from the din above. Clinical but tactile. The highs from the stratus and the mids also maintained the definition but also the timbrel beauty."
We are proud to be awarded Audiophilia’s Star Component!
Go to "Audiophilia" to read the full review.
Trickle down technology from our award-winning v3 DAC.
The same ultra-purist nonoversampling direct-coupled R-2R topology we have become known for in a smaller and more affordable design. Our new Mystique v2X digital to analog converter is the latest incarnation of our Mystique v2 with trickle down technology from our Mystique v3.
We incorporated much of the more advanced circuitry from our Mystique v3 DAC:
- Identical S/PDIF Input Stage.
- Identical Demultiplexing Circuit.
- Identical I/V Conversion Stage.
- Identical Direct-Coupled Output Stage.
Error prevention vs. error correction.
A true R-2R ladder DAC built around Analog Devices' famous AD-1865N-K DAC chip. To eliminate bit read errors, our power supply incorporates over 237,000uf of capacitive filters and nine Belleson ultralow-noise high-dynamic regulators that independently isolate each stage. The analog output stage is direct-coupled to provide the most linear and extended frequency response possible by eliminating output coupling capacitors and transformers that narrow bandwidth and cause phase and time distortion.
Because algorithms can't appreciate music.
With no pre- or post-digital filtering, digital noise shaping, upsampling, oversampling, or error-correcting algorithms, our digital signal path is the purest possible. This is not true of many so-called R-2R designs that still incorporate algorithms for noise shaping and error correction.
Unparalleled harmonic coherence.
Unlike most non-oversampling designs that use a single logic gate for demultiplexing the left and right channel signals, our circuit assures 100% phase and time coherency between channels by using a bank of six logic gates to perfectly align the bits of the left and right digital words to the same clock cycle. And to optimize linearity, the left and right channels both have an independent circuit that adjusts the voltage of the most significant bit (MSB) at the zero voltage crossing.
Optimized 24-bit 192KHz digital Input.
To minimize input signal degradation, we use a single-source digital input module with three dedicated ultralow-noise Belleson regulators and over 3,000uf of capacitance. Each stage is independently powered and all stages are completely isolated from USB buss power. Choose from either our USB digital input module, both with 24-bit 192KHz decoding.
- Custom Sparkos discrete op amps for I/V conversion and anti-aliasing.
- Converts 24-bit 192KHz HD music files that are input via USB input.
- Direct-coupled stage with no capacitors or transformers between the DAC chip and output.
- Left and right channel digital word synchronization to ensure phase and time coherency.
- Independent circuits to adjust MSB for left and right channels at zero voltage crossing.
- Built around Analog Devices' legendary AD1865N-K non-oversampling R-2R ladder DAC chip.
- Vishay TX2352 1% tolerance "nude" metal foil resistors and foil polystyrene film capacitors.
- Over 237,000uf of high-performance capacitors and nine Belleson ultralow-noise regulators.
- Balanced noise-canceling Triad FP24-500 power transformer and fast soft recovery diodes.
- Laboratory grade filtered IEC with multistage filtering that is extremely tolerant of AC noise.
- High-performance circuit board mounted Furutech FT-903(R) RCA connectors are standard.
- Field convertible from 115VAC to 230VAC both 50Hz and 60Hz.
- Sorbothane anti-resonance feet come standard.