Includes Mac Mini Late 2014 to Early 2018 Model.
Upgrading the switch-mode power supply in your Mac Mini with our ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic linear power supply will be the most significant upgrade you can make. More of an improvement than upgrading the processor, RAM, drive, operating system, player software, and resonance control all combined.
What is done to the Mac Mini?
- We remove and bypass the Mac Mini’s internal switch-mode power supply (SMPS).
- The SMPS is replaced with our ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic external power supply.
- Our Internal Filter Module is installed in the space that remains when the SMPS is removed.
- A high-performance hard wired DC power cable connects the power supply to the Mac Mini.
- SSD and/or mSATA drives are installed and formatted for software, music, or media.
- Mac OS X and your choice of player software are installed and optimized.
All Mac Mini packages includes the following:
- New Mac Mini with dual-core i5 or i7 processor.
- 256GB solid-state drive upgradeable to 2TB solid-state drive.
- 4GB of Apple integrated RAM upgradeable to 16GB of integrated RAM.
- Illuminati v2 ultralow-noise power supply with single voltage output.
- Triple Pi filtered hardwired Internal Filter Module.
- Hardwired cryo treated VariStrand DC power cable.
Our OS X optimizations turn off unnecessary programs that automatically load at startup.
We also show you how to turn on and off noisy unused wireless control interfaces, such as the infrared, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
Storage Drive Options:For the highest performance and best reliability we only use the Samsung 850 Pro SSD.
We recommend using internal SSDs for both software and media library storage over an external NAS/RAID drive array.
For optimal performance we recommend using one small SSD for your operating system and player software and one larger SSD for your media library.
If you are already using an external NAS/RAID drive array we recommend putting all your software on a high-performance 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD drive.
Gain more resolution, more precise focus, a more stable image, more transparency, and more natural attack/bloom/decay of notes, by controlling unwanted mechanical resonance. We recommend anti-resonant devices, such as the Atomic Audio Labs platforms, under the Mac Mini, and our optional integrated Stillpoints under the power supply. For optimal performance you can add Stillpoints to the Atomic Audio Labs platform.
Optional selectable voltage second DC output:
- USB reclockers, regenerators, and converters.
- External NAS/RAID drive for your music library.
- DACs, master clocks, S/PDIF converters, and more.
The second output is selectable 5V or 7V or 9V.
We offer custom DC power cables to adapt almost any component to our power supplies.
Illuminati v3 power supply features and specifications:
- Less noise than a LiO4 battery.
- Up to 3 amps continuous power with up to 5 amp peaks.
- Ultrafast-recovery with less than 10uS settling time from zero to full output.
- Ultralow-noise with less than 50uV of peak-to-peak noise/ripple up into the GHz range.
- Hot parts are heat sunk to the exterior allowing heat to dissipate through the entire chassis.
- Choke input and sophisticated AC filtering - no AC power conditioners are required.
- Cascaded spread spectrum capacitive filtering for expanded bandwidth.
- Solid brass ground post and DC ground lift for optimized grounding.
- Optional secondary 3-voltage selectable output.
- 9.75" W x 3.25" H x 12" D and 14 pounds weight.
We use only the highest-quality parts:
- SPRU ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic regulator.
- High-current input choke reduces crest factor, heat, and stress.
- Organic polymer capacitors with ESR as low as 7mOhms.
- High-frequency MLCC capacitors to filter beyond 3GHz.
- Laboratory grade filtered and switched AC power inlet.
- Neutrik silver-plated high-current XLR DC power outlets.
- Low-resonance polymerized aluminum composite chassis.
- All non-magnetic stainless steel PEMs, screws, and hardware.
- Sorbothane or Stillpoints Ultra Mini anti-resonant feet.