The next incarnation of our award-winning Mystique v3 DAC.
Why "EVO?"Our Mystique EVO has the ability to swap out components and boards which allows the entry-level version to be upgraded to our most advanced version.
We're already planning new boards and modules that can be retrofit, such as different DAC chips, additional digital inputs, more advanced clocking, and higher performance output stages. This will allow the Mystique EVO to keep up with whatever future evolutions we might offer and whatever future digital formats the industry may evolve towards.
Wouldn't it be nice to know you have an upgrade and update path engineered into your next DAC?
Time, tune, tone, and timbre.Our Mystique EVO digital-to-analog converter is a no-compromise design incorporating ultra-purist non-oversampling direct-coupled R-2R topology.
With no pre-digital filtering, digital noise shaping, upsampling, oversampling, or error-correcting algorithms. Our digital signal path is the purest possible.
The result is the most natural time and tune you can get from a digital source. Effortless micro-dynamics and incredible micro-detail preserve the tone, timbre, texture, and spatial cues that bring you closer to the original musical performance.
Error prevention vs. error correction.
Five independent choke input power supplies isolate each stage to eliminate bit read errors. Each power supply incorporates Mundorf M-Lytic AG+ 4-pole capacitors which in turn feed sixteen Belleson SPX ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic regulators each with a 1,000uf Sanyo organic polymer capacitor to isolate each type of IC chip, discrete module, or clock.
The analog output stage is direct-coupled to provide the most linear and extended frequency response possible by eliminating output coupling capacitors and transformers that narrow bandwidth and cause phase and time distortion. For ultimate transparency the direct-coupled output stage incorporates Sparkos Labs discrete SS2590 pro audio op amps and Vishay's best TX2575 "Nude" resistors laser matched to 0.1% tolerance.
Our hardware-based demultiplexing circuit assures 100% phase and time coherency between channels by using a bank of logic gates to perfectly align the bits of the left and right digital words to the same clock cycle. To optimize linearity left and right channels each have a fine-tune circuit that adjusts the voltage of the most significant bit (MSB) at the zero voltage crossing.
For isolation from grounding noise an advanced hybrid star/plain grounding schema is used to isolate input, digital, and analog grounding planes. Our DC ground lift switch isolates signal ground from Earth, chassis, and AC grounds. We even include a chassis grounding post to allow system grounding to be optimized and eliminate ground loops.
We've developed a unique low-resonance 2-piece polymerized aluminum composite chassis with a rigid C channel base. Sorbothane standoffs isolate the signal boards from mechanical vibration. And two EMI/RFI ferrous shielding barriers isolate the power supply, digital signal board, and digital-to-analog signal board from each other.
Optional upgrades include Vishay TX2475 "Nude" resistors in the signal path, Lundahl ferrous core LC chokes in the analog power supplies, Lundahl amorphous core S/PDIF input transformers, and Stillpoints Ultra Mini or Ingress Audio RollerBlock anti-resonance feet.
Three 24-bit 192KHz PCM digital Inputs.
Our Mystique EVO digital-to-analog converter converts PCM format files up to 24-bit 192KHz via Femto clocked USB, coaxial S/PDIF, or balanced AES. Optional BNC and TosLink optical available.
The fifth of our independent power supplies is "floating" from all other AC and DC grounds. This 100% isolates the USB input from all other power supplies and eliminates the need for any external USB reclocking or regeneration devices.
To minimize input signal degradation, our digital input stages use six dedicated ultralow-noise Belleson SPX regulators and over 6,000uf of organic polymer capacitance. Each stage is independently powered and all stages are galvanically isolated from USB buss power.
- Built around Analog Devices' legendary monolithic AD1862 R-2R ladder DAC chips.
- Converts PCM format files up to 24-bit 192KHz via USB, coaxial S/PDIF, AES, or TosLink.
- Direct-coupled ultrahigh-performance Sparkos Labs SS2590 discrete pro audio op amps.
- No output transformers or coupling capacitors to narrow bandwidth or distort phase.
- Hardware-based demultiplexing to ensure perfect phase and time coherency.
- Independent circuits adjust linearity for L and R channels at the MSB zero voltage crossing.
- Five independent choke input power supplies with Mundorf M-Lytic AG+ 4-pole capacitors.
- 16 Belleson SPX ultralow-noise regulators isolate every IC chip, discrete module, and clock.
- Cryo'd Kimber VSS VariStrand wire between power supply and signal boards.
- Ground lift switch to isolate DC signal ground from Earth, chassis, and AC grounds.
- Earth, chassis, AC grounding post for optimized system grounding.
- Hammond ferrous core LC inputs chokes in the power supplies.
- Optional Furutech connectors in the signal path.
- Low-resonance high-rigidity 2-piece polymerized aluminum composite chassis.
- .25" thick ferrous EMI/RFI shielding barriers around signal boards.
- Sorbothane anti-resonant standoffs under PC boards and Sorbothane feet under chassis.
- Optional advanced discrete double-Pi multistage cascaded AC input filtering.
- Optional Lundahl ferrous core LC inputs chokes in analog power supplies.
- Optional Vishay TX2575 "Nude" resistors matched to 0.1% tolerance in analog signal path.
- Optional S/PDIF upgrade to Lundahl amorphous core, Vishay Nude, and Furutech.
- Optional Lundahl ferrous core LC input chokes in the analog power supplies.
- Optional upgrade to Stillpoints Ultra Mini or Ingress Audio RollerBlock anti-resonance feet.
- Field convertible from 110VAC to 250VAC both 50Hz and 60Hz.
- Special order option for Japan 100VAC to 200VAC.
- 17.5"W x 3.5"H x 12"D and 29 pounds.