PRE-ORDER SPECIAL: $1,000 off NC and $500 off AM Version Pricing!
Estimated Shipping End of December.
Y USB?Since over 80% of our customers exclusively use computer audio, we developed a version of our Mystique DAC optimized for USB. Nearly identical to our award-winning Mystique X in circuit, power supplies, component parts, and chassis, the Mystique Y USB delivers all the Mojo at half the price :^)
Because the Mystique Y USB has only one USB input we were able to greatly simplify the digital circuitry. No need for an input selector, demultiplexer, or S/PDIF receiver. The AD1865 R-2R DAC chip is directly fed by the USB input module.
Less is more.
The result is nothing short of breathtaking. Your music will come to life with harmonics, spatial cues, and emotional content that rivals the best of analog!
Time, tune, tone, and timbre.The Mystique Y USB incorporates the same no-compromise ultra-purist non-oversampling direct-coupled R-2R circuitry as all previous Mystique DACs.
With no pre-digital filtering, digital noise shaping, upsampling, oversampling, or error-correcting algorithms, our digital signal path is the purest possible.
The result is the most natural time and tune you can get from a digital source. Effortless micro-dynamics and incredible micro-details preserve the textures and spatial cues that bring you closer to the original musical performance.
Error prevention vs. error correction.
Three independent power supplies with Mundorf M-Lytic AG+ 4-pole capacitors feed seven Belleson SPX ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic regulators, isolating each type of IC chip, discrete module, and clock. The power supplies for the analog sections are LC choke input and use custom Lundahl chokes. Not only does this eliminate bit read errors and isolate digital hash noise from the sensitive analog circuitry, it also provides the effortless instantaneous power that gives our Mystique DACs the incredibly natural and organic character they are known for.
The analog output stage is direct-coupled to provide the most linear and extended frequency response possible by eliminating output coupling capacitors and transformers which color the sound, narrow the bandwidth, and cause phase and time distortion. For ultimate transparency the direct-coupled output stage incorporates Staccato class A discrete op amps and ultralow-noise Vishay TX2575 "Naked" resistors laser matched to 0.1% tolerance.
To optimize linearity left and right channels each have an independent fine-tune circuit that adjusts the voltage of the most significant bit (MSB) at the zero voltage crossing.
For isolation from grounding noise an advanced hybrid grounding schema is used to isolate input, digital, and analog grounds. And a DC ground lift switch isolates signal ground from Earth, chassis, and AC grounds.
Our unique ultra-purist approach lowers noise floor, optimizes linearity, and reveals subtlety and nuance that brings your music to life!
24-bit 192KHz USB Input.
Our Mystique Y USB DAC converts PCM format files up to 24-bit 192KHz via a galvanically isolated XMOS USB input module with incredibly accurate ultralow-noise Femto clocking.
The third independent power supply powers the digital circuitry completely isolating it from the analog circuitry. Two Belleson SPX ultralow -noise ultrahigh-dynamic regulators isolate the USB input from the USB output and from all other power supplies eliminating the need for USB buss power or any external USB reclocking or regeneration devices.
- Built around Analog Devices' legendary 18-bit AD1865 R-2R ladder DAC chip.
- Converts PCM format files up to 24-bit 192KHz.
- Galvanically isolated independently powered XMOS USB input module.
- Incredibly accurate ultralow-noise femto clocking.
- Direct-coupled ultrahigh-performance Staccato class A discrete op amps.
- Vishay TX2575 "Naked" resistors matched to 0.1% in analog signal path.
- No output transformers or coupling caps to narrow bandwidth or distort phase.
- Independent circuits optimize linearity at the MSB zero voltage crossing.
- Ultra-fast ultralow-noise zero recovery SiC Schottky rectification diodes.
- 3 independent power supplies with 15,000uf Mundorf 4-pole capacitors.
- 7 Belleson SPX ultralow-noise regulators isolate IC chips, modules, and clocks.
- Cryo'd Kimber VSS VariStrand wire between main PSU and USB input module.
- Rel-Cap Polystyrene film and tin foil capacitors in the anti-aliasing filters.
- Furutech rhodium plated low mass RCA connectors directly soldered to PCB.
- Neutrik gold plated male and female XLR connectors directly soldered to PCB.
- Schurter AC input module and medical grade advanced AC input filtering.
- Ground lift switch isolates DC ground from Earth, chassis, and AC grounds.
- 3-point Herbie's Audio Lab Fat Dot anti-resonance footers.
- Low-resonance high-rigidity extruded aluminum chassis.
- AM Upgrade: Lundahl amorphous core LC input chokes in the analog PSUs.
- NC Upgrade: Lundahl nano crystal core LC input chokes in the analog PSUs.
- Field convertible from 110VAC to 250VAC both 50Hz and 60Hz.
- 9"W x 3"H x 16"D and 17 pounds.