Our power supply upgrade will transform your Mac Mini into a world-class media server.Upgrading the stock "white brick" switch-mode power supply that powers your Mac Mini is one of the most significant upgrades you can make. The performance improvement is more significant than RAM, SSD, OS X optimizations, player software, and anti-resonance upgrades combined.
Recommended plug-and-play power supply upgrade for 2009 and older Mac Minis:
- Remove the Mac Mini’s external "white brick" switch-mode power supply (SMPS).
- Replace the SMPS with our ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic external power supply.
- An OEM Apple iSense enabled DC power cable between the power supply and Mac Mini is included.
- Optimize your OS X operating system using the free guide in our Audiofiles blog.
Optional selectable voltage second DC output:
- USB reclockers, regenerators, and converters.
- External NAS/RAID drive for your music library.
- DACs, master clocks, S/PDIF converters, and more.
The second output is selectable and can have any three voltages from 5V to 15V. The most popular option is 5V or 9V or 12V.
We offer custom DC power cables to adapt almost any component to our power supplies.
OS X Optimizations
In our OS X optimization guide we show you how to turn on and off optional automated programs that interrupt smooth data flow and unnecessarily consume system resources.
We also show you how to turn on and off noisy unused wireless control interfaces, such as the infrared, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
Illuminati v2 power supply features and specifications:
- Less noise than a LiO4 battery.
- Up to 3 amps continuous power with up to 5 amp peaks.
- Ultrafast-recovery with less than 10uS settling time from zero to full output.
- Ultralow-noise with less than 50uV of peak-to-peak noise/ripple up into the GHz range.
- Hot parts are heat sunk to the exterior allowing heat to dissipate through the entire chassis.
- Choke input and sophisticated AC filtering - no AC power conditioners are required.
- Cascaded spread spectrum capacitive filtering for expanded bandwidth.
- Solid brass ground post and DC ground lift for optimized grounding.
- Optional secondary 3-voltage selectable output.
- 6.75" W x 3.25" H x 10.25" D and 12 pounds weight.
We use only the highest-quality parts:
- SPRU ultralow-noise ultrahigh-dynamic regulator.
- High-current input choke reduces crest factor, heat, and stress.
- Organic polymer capacitors with ESR as low as 7mOhms.
- High-frequency MLCC capacitors to filter beyond 3GHz.
- Laboratory grade filtered and switched AC power inlet.
- Neutrik silver-plated high-current XLR DC power outlets.
- Low-resonance polymerized aluminum composite chassis.
- All non-magnetic stainless steel PEMs, screws, and hardware.
- Sorbothane or Stillpoints Ultra Mini anti-resonant feet.
For more information and specifications on our Illuminati v3 power supply please visit their product pages.